Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Previews of Coming Attractions!

What's new?

There are new songs in the Music Videos section, and I will be frequently adding content there.

Be sure to listen to the two new songs by a young blues artist -- John Nemeth -- it's like he stepped out of a time machine from the Fifties!  He is really amazing!  Young or old, you have to appreciate this refreshing talent.  He's been around for awhile, but escaped my notice until he appeared briefly in a bar scene in my favorite new tv show, Memphis Beat.  I fished around and finally found out more about him, and then went to YouTube and found these two recent releases. 

The music posting is my favorite part of this endeavor!  The Music Videos offer a sampling  primarily of Blues/R and B, mostly Memphis and Mississippi Delta artists, although some others may wind up there just because that's my favorite genre and what I grew up on.

I'm working on a couple more jukeboxes, in addition to the one already posted for Memphis Beat tunes.  Planned is one with mostly Rhythm and Blues songs, and another with predominantly Pop tunes.  I wanted a place I could easily and conveniently hang out with old and new memories, and this venue makes it easy, and more fun, to share with others.  Hopefully, you will find something here to enjoy as well.

Of course, I do plan to include information and news articles about the Memphis area.  One of my missions is to show another, more positive side to our city, especially to readers from other parts of the country.  Memphis has received both national and international attention recently from, thankfully, the entertainment industry, covered within these pages.

At some point, I may put up a "guest book".  You can leave me messages here or share on Facebook.  I will also be putting up an "About Me" page, for those of you who may not know me so well.  I picked my handle, "Deltalady", for obvious reasons -- I grew up in that part of Mississippi, as well as in Memphis.  In some venues, I use the handle "Deltalady4961" which, of course has to do with the Crossroads in Clarksdale of Highways 49 and 61.

All my best, and thanks for sharing my memories with me!

"Deltalady"
Ann Maree Matthews
On Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment